Hey Friends and welcome to Edggie Veggie! My name is Zahava and I’m so happy you’re here!!!
A little bit about myself (and then I’d love to hear about you in the comments!)…
- I am a dietetic intern. This means I can take the exam to become a registered dietitian in just a few months :)! I have a BS in Food and Nutrition from the University of Alabama.
- I believe in moderation. Including with food. This means I do eat pizza. And cookies and cake. I try to eat healthful foods most of the time but will NOT turn down ice cream if my friends are having some.
- I LOVE to bake. I started by making Duncan Hines cakes when I was in fifth grade… I love that baking provides exact directions. Cooking can sometimes say “add salt to taste.” AND I’m always like “WTH does that mean?” I have taught myself to like to cook because it is often more healthful. And because I like food. Cakes are good but I need energy and real meals to be an INTERN!
- I also love to workout. My current fav (which has been a fav for a while) is Pure Barre. (I promise this isn’t sponsored but maybe one day?!? 😉 ) There is an awesome sweat that you get while still being low impact. The schedule is so flexible which works well around my schedule. The instructors are all fabulous and the community is great!
- I love to talk. You will notice this….
- I come from a family of 8 kids. This means cooking a LOT when we are all together. It is a lot of fun!
- There is so much more for me to share so follow along!
Feel free to comment or email me with any food or nutrition questions. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll do some research or make something up 😉
Until next time,